- You redirect your DNS record (yourself or with our help) to the protected IP;
- We proxy traffic from the visitors of your website, redirecting to your server only clean traffic saving real visitors’ IPs in HTTP header.
IP protection (TCP/UDP)
Connection is established with GRE/IPIP tunnel or using proxy.
IPIP/GRE tunnel is possible if you are using *nix system (Linux, FreeBSD) or specialized router (Cisco, Mikrotik etc.). In this case we «teleport» protected Storm IP to your equipment and you use it for your clients.
When you use OS Windows on your server, proxy is used. In these cases all the requests from your clients will come from one IP address.
Network protection (BGP)
1) We establish GRE/IPIP/MPLS tunnel or physical connection with you on one or our connection points;
2) We set up a BGP session which you use to announce your IP prefixes;
3) We accept your announcement, filter all the traffic and deliver only legitimate traffic to your router.
You can divert all traffic through StormWall or only incoming traffic, depending on your needs. You can use protection service always or activate it yourself only in case of attack.
StormWall™ network capabilities
- About 1650 Gbps bandwidth without connection inspection (stateless) - processing IP packets on ACL/FlowSpec level without TCP connection check (blocking TCP/UDP amplifications);
- Over 150 Gbps bandwidth with connection inspection (stateful) - each incoming TCP connection is processed and analyzed;
- Added latency - from 0 to 100 ms. In case of HTTP proxying, speed increase is possible due to persistent connections and HyperCache caching.
- Number of websites, IPs, services and datacenters under protection - unlimited.